- Roof Deck & Composite Floor Deck: Steel deck is 38 mm or 76 mm deep, 750 to 900 mm wide, fluted steel sheets used in the construction of a roof as the supporting structural member on which the built-up roofing system is placed. Roof deck is most commonly used in a flat (horizontal) roofing configuration, but can also be used for sloping roofs. The in-plane strength of the deck can also be utilized as a steel deck diaphragm to act as the horizontal bracing for the structure, often eliminating the need for discrete bracing.
- Roof Assemblies: The architectural type steel roofing system is similar to the traditional steep-sloped roof and is primarily a visual product applied over solid sheathing. It is considered to be a water shedding roof system (hydrokinetic) rather than a water barrier (hydrostatic) roof system. Sheet steel roofing is available in a variety of widths, cross-sections and seam types. The panel is typically roll formed into ribs, offering a variety of different appearances. The ribs also add structural strength to the panel that is necessary for many applications.
- Wall Assemblies: There are different types of sheet steel wall assemblies ranging from the simplest single sheet walls found in agricultural buildings, to sophisticated composite panel assemblies. The wide variety of cladding profiles, paint systems and colours provides for complete architectural expression. Sheet steel can also be integrated with other building materials for added variety. Sheet steel wall assemblies are a durable and economical solution. The cavity can be sized to accommodate as much thermal insulation as required while maintaining the integrity of the building enclosure.
- Lightweight Steel Framing: A steel building system features structural steel and cladding components, plus related accessories, engineered and designed to act as an integrated building system. The building system utilizes rigid frames or columns and beams as the primary structural elements.
- Steel Building Systems: There are different types of sheet steel wall assemblies ranging from the simplest single sheet walls found in agricultural buildings, to sophisticated composite panel assemblies. The wide variety of cladding profiles, paint systems and colours provides for complete architectural expression.
- Roofing & Siding: Pre-painted sheet steel is now the standard roofing and siding product used on agricultural buildings across North America. Farm buildings are going beyond the utilitarian look of the past and incorporating the variety of steel products and colours into very attractive building packages, at an economical cost.
- Steel Building Systems: Agriculture and Steel Building Systems have become synonymous over the past 50 years. What have changed over this period are increased flexibility, strength and capacity that Steel Building Systems offer the industry.
- Steel Roofing: The popularity of steel roofing has grown dramatically in recent years. Today, builders across Canada are using attractive durable steel roofing for all types of single-family homes, multi-family dwellings, retirement homes and affordable housing projects because of its many advantages.
- Steel Studs & Joists: Lightweight steel framing is increasing in popularity amongst homebuilders. Framing techniques and details are now available that largely eliminate the need for engineering services.